Two-component Polysulfide Sealant – Resistant to Various Water
Liquid polysulfide rubber as the basic material, adding tackifying resin, vulcanizing agent, accelerant and fortifier makes up the two-component polysulfide sealant (double-component polysulfide sealant). It is a kind of two-component sealant that can vulcanize and crosslink by itself at room temperature. Its appearance is exquisite and even paste or ropy liquid, so it is also called two-component polysulfide sealing paste. It is made up of A component and B component. A component is hoary even paste and B component is black even paste. The two components have clear color difference, which makes the mixing more convenient. The mixing ratio is A : B=100 : 8 - 12. It has good bonding effect to metal, concrete and other material. It can keep good air tightness and waterproof ability in continuous vibration and temperature changes.
A component and B component have clear color difference, making the full mixing easier.
A component and B component are packaged together, making it easier to use.
Separate packages of A component and B component make the mixing better, because they can be mixed according to correct ratio.
A component is milk white, which making the mixing easier.
A component and B component are placed in a drum, which making the mixing easier.
Different package styles of two-component polysulfide sealant make the transportation and operation easier.
The caulking gun makes the sealant easier to use.
The classification of two-component polysulfide sealant:
- It can be divided into two kinds according to the flowability: non-slumping and self-leveling.
- It can be divided into two kinds according to the movement ability: 25 and 20.
- It can be divided into two kinds according to the tensile modulus: high modulus (HM) and low modulus (LM).
- Excellent adhesion performance: it has good bonding effect to cement, steel, glass, wood and natural stone.
- Resistant to water: it is stable facing sea water, tap water and distilled water.
- It is not resistant to concentrated acid and alkali. But it is stable facing the diluent inorganic acid, alkali and various salts.
- Excellent anti-aging and resistance to high temperature. It can work in the temperature of -40°C - +120°C for long time.
- Resistant to ultraviolet.
- Non-toxic, good air tightness and high elasticity. It has the best air tightness among all the sealants.
- Big packing: A component: 360kg/drum, B component: 30kg/pail.
- Small packing: A component: 36kg/pail, B component: 3kg/can.
- Packed as customers' requirements.
Shelf life: 12 months in the original unopened package stored in dry and cool environment and the temperature not exceeds 27°C.
Color: A component is hoary, B component is black, and the mixture is black.
Two-component polysulfide sealant technical data:
||Slump (N), mm
||Elastic recovery rate
||Tensile modulus (MPa)
||Tensile bond in water
||Cold /hot pressing adhesive
||Mass loss rate
We have large manufacturing workshop and advanced equipment, so we can guarantee the quality of our products. And our products are all tested before they are delivered to our customers.
Advanced equipment is the precondition of high quality.
We do tensile strength test to confirm that two-component polysulfide sealant is eligible.
Two-component polysulfide sealant must be weighed before sell to confirm that it is up to specified weight.
- Clean the bonding surface to keep it dry and clean.
- Painted the primer on the surface before construction. Glue protective adhesion tape on the two sides of the joints after the surface is dry to avoid the needless sealant pollute the surface.
- Mix A component and B component fully until no color difference. B component should be more in winter and less in summer than normal because of the climate difference. You should have a try before using.
- Squeeze the mixed polysulfide sealant into the joints with lime knife or caulking gun until the joints being full. Then make the sealant smooth with lime knife.
- Take off the protective adhesion tape after the construction finished and avoid to make the surface be exposed to rain within 24 hours.
- It is widely used in sealing expansion joints and settlement joints of buildings, subway, tunnel, airfield runway, expressway and bridge.
- It is also used in sealing various expansion joints of waterworks, swimming pool, impounding reservoir, power station, retaining dam, sewage treatment project and water supply and drainage system.
The mixed sealant should be used up within 2 hours, because it cures gradually which makes the construction hard.
Two-component polysulfide sealant used in railway makes the trains run safely.
Two-component polysulfide sealant is resistant to water, so it can be used in swimming pool.
Two-component polysulfide sealant can be used in riverway, making it have long service life.
Two-component polysulfide sealant can be used in reservoir, making it solid.
Two-component polysulfide sealant can be used in subway, making the subway solid.