Two-component Silicone Sealant - Resistant to Extreme Temperature
Two-component silicone sealant (double-component silicone sealant) is a type of two-component building sealant. It is a new kind of waterproof sealing material. Its sealing performance is much greater than that of other sealants. It is made up of A component and B component. A component is silicone sealant (white), and B component is the curing agent (black). The colors of A component and B component have clear difference, so it is easy to mix them evenly. If A component is used alone, it will not realize the curing and bonding effect. Mixing A component and B component evenly will achieve good bonding effect. There is no need to add the curing agent to the one-component silicone sealant. It can cure by itself. The two components are usually in the weight ratio of 1 : 1 fully mixed until no color difference. And you can adjust the curing speed by adjusting the mixing ratio. B component is more, the curing time is shorter.
The separate package of the two components makes them easy to use.
The fully mixed two-component silicone sealant makes the sealing effect better.
- Two-component, the curing time adjustable.
- Excellent bonding performance.
- Suitable for wide temperature range and resistant to extreme low and high temperature.
- Neutral cure, non-toxic to human, no pollution to environment and non-corrosive to metal, coated glass and so on.
- Excellent resistance to weather and ultraviolet.
- Anti-aging and water resistance.
- High elasticity and high modulus.
- Good compatibility with other neutral silicone sealant.
- Component A: 240kg, Component B: 20kg, packed by iron drum.
- Component A: 24kg, Component B: 2kg, packed by drum.
- Packed as customers' requirements.
Shelf life: 9 months since the produced date in original package and stored in cool and dry environment and the temperature below 27°C. If exposed in the air directly, it will be invalid.
Color: A component is white and B component is black, the mixture is black.
Hardness: 20 - 60 Shore A.
Tensile strength: 0.8MPa.
Elongation at break: 150%.
The using method and matters need to note during construction:
- Clean the surface of joints and ensure that there is no water or other dirty on it.
- Glue protective adhesion tape on the two sides of joints before construction, for fear that the redundant sealant smear the surface.
- There is no need to do base coating in general before using the two-component silicone sealant. But you need to do bonding test to confirm if it is necessary to do base coating. If the bonding test report show that the base coating is necessary, you should paint the primer on the surface with a piece of clean cloth.
- Mix A component and B component together according to the mixing ratio fully until no color difference. You can change the mixing ratio based on the climate and environment temperature (the curing agent is more in winter and less in summer than normal). You should have a try before using.
- Squeeze the mixed sealant into the joints with lime knife or caulking gun until the joints being full, then trim the overflowed sealant with a scraper to make the surface have a beautiful appearance.
- Take protective adhesion tape off the surface after the construction finished, and avoid to be exposed to rain within 24 hours.
Two-component silicone sealant is mainly used in the sealing joints of concrete, cement, masonry, rock, marble, glass, rolled steel, wood, painted aluminum and so on. And there is no need to do base coating in most occasions.
- Windows and doors: suitable for the decoration and sealing joints of aluminum alloy door and windows, titanium alloy doors and windows and plastic steel doors and windows installation.
- Curtain wall: suitable for sealing the joints of various glass and aluminum-plastic plate curtain wall.
- Glass: suitable for sealing the joints of porous stone, laminated glass, hollow glass, mirror glass and reflective glass.
- Metal: suitable for sealing the joints of metal material, such as copper, zinc, and iron.
The two-component silicone sealant makes the joints of the curtain wall have beautiful appearance.
Two-component silicone sealant makes the glass glue together with pretty look.
Two-component silicone sealant used in windows installation, making the window sealed.
Two-component silicone sealant can be used in metal sealing, making it reused again.
Limitation of usage:
- Cannot be used with polysulfide sealant.
- Unsuitable for all the materials that contain grease, plasticizer or solvent, for example the surface of oiled wood.
- Unsuitable for the places where the ventilation is bad.
- Unsuitable for the frosty, damp and water immersion surface.
- The temperature of the material surface must be below 40°C during construction.
- B component (the curing agent) can react with the moisture in the air, so it cannot be exposed in the air directly for long time.
- The mixed sealant should be used up within 2 hours. Otherwise it will cure gradually, which makes the construction hard.
- The working place should be well-ventilated.
- If your eyes contact the uncured sealant, wash immediately with plenty of water and seek medical help.
- You must do the compatibility and bonding test before using the sealant and confirm that the sealant is suitable for the basic material and can meet your requirement.